At Aughton Christ Church C.E. Primary School, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and wellbeing of our pupils and staff.
As a school, social and emotional skills that our children learn in the classroom can help them to build resilience and show how they will manage their mental health throughout their lives.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- develop children's talents, establishing positivity
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- promote a healthy self esteem and ensure children know that they count
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE) is central to our curriculum across the whole school. PSHE assists our children to cope with many aspects of the wider world, manages transitions and enables them to make an active contribution to their communities. The topics covered in PSHE include identity, managing feelings and emotions, relationships, change, resilience and being healthy, which includes physical, emotional and social well-being.